Tuesday, December 21, 2010

painful return to a workout routine

I've had quite a break in working out. There were many factors that contributed - a lot of work, mild cold/sinus infection, cold weather which made me change fast into warm fleece instead of shorts... and simple old-style laziness. But today I finally did some basic body-weight workout. Boy, am I weak! it's scary. I will have to work steadily to get back in shape... And I am afraid tomorrow will be painful as well! It's good I have to walk to work anyway, it's a good, mild, form of warming up.

I found that generally the cold, dark weather makes it more difficult to keep healthy. I am more tempted to eat chocolate, snuggle in warm robe and watch Buffy or Bones. I haven't fasted in a while as well... But at least I didn't fell of the wagon (other than eating too much dark chocolate), I just got lazy and haven't been much creative in preparing meals, so there has been a lot of hard boiled eggs, slow-cooker beef, beef franks and similar. But it's ok, I fine with that. Maybe I just need to get used to the change in seasons, or simply accept that in the winter it's time to hibernate, slow down, relax...

No comments:

Post a Comment