Sunday, February 20, 2011

off the wagon, on the wagon

I've fell off a bit... Not that I started to eat all nasty SAD-y things, but stopped being careful, or simply eating proper. I started to eat too many fruits, and too much chocolate. As if when I allowed myself chocolate as almost-paleo treat (it's Lindt 70%), I can't stop and eat much too much, like a tablet a day.. o_0 I have no idea where this chocolate urge came from, but it might be from generally eating more carbs in the form of fruits. I need to finally get back on, as I started to be more sluggish, my skin isn't as clear as it's been before.


I think the best would be to just go cold turkey and very strict for a while. I am thinking about doing the Whole30 and cut even dairy. I will switch to black coffee, no cream (cutting sour cream is painful), and only meat, fish, eggs and greens. I want to get back on the right track, and lose the tummy that suddenly appeared over the past few weeks... I haven't been IFing as well, so will have to find a way to include fasting in the program. If everything goes fine, I will slowly reintroduce dairy and see how I feel. I love dairy and it's a great, cheap, addition to the diet. I can't afford eating meat only (with some greens).

I will finish up all the cream and half$half I have, as I don't like wasting, without buying anything new. And I need to restock with meat. I hope to begin in a week or so... or maybe even earlier?

Wish me luck, as I am not good with being very strict on myself... :-/

2 comments:

  1. Too much fruit and chocolate is a slippery slope - for me too. Just a few days will add several pounds on my scale.

    I don't eat dairy - exept butter.

    This is my coconut-treat: melt coconut cream, coconut oil and butter (equal parts), stir and add a dash of real vanilla. Pour in a flat tupper ware container and let it get solid in the fridge. Cut into squares...

    Those treats feel like chocolate in the mouth, taste yummie but are very low in sugar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe! I will try and go cold turkey and see if I menage with no desserts whatsoever. But this coconut treat doesn't even go near the dangers of chocolate! I will probably try :)

    ReplyDelete