Sunday, May 15, 2011

I am sick.

I think it's strep, but because it's weekend I am the only one to judge. It is quite interesting that admitting to catching a cold or other infection seems to be a blasphemy in the Paleo world. You are not supposed to get sick on Paleo! But well, I am now. Yesterday I was truly miserable with temperature spiking at 102*, and I can't remember when was the last time I had such a high fever.

So even though I do not consider succumbing to bacteria as blasphemy against the Paleo god, I do wonder why my immune system cracked. And I blame stress and anxiety. We know how devastating cortisol is to our bodies, so I think I can throw my misery at this villain as well. I've been looking for a job for the past two months, being anxious, worrying and nervous all the time. I slowly get depressed and in the "whatever" mood. I feel like the great achievements of the past two years in fighting severe anxiety and depression are in danger. Chronic stress is devastating. Not knowing about the future is terrifying. I can't schedule my annual check up, because they don't allow one in less than 12 months since the last one. (Don't get me started on the idiotic health care system in the US.) I am losing my insurance in the end of June and can't afford buying one. it sucks.

oh, and I want to get the kid who spread these vicious bacteria to me ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment