Sunday, September 26, 2010

Some good medical/diet/health links

Over at Evolutionary Psychiatry a good and simple explanation on why our brains need Omega-3. I have started to take supplements (Krill Oil) a while ago realizing that I just dont' eat enough fish. I don't have the access to fresh fish, I don't cook much out of frozen, and I don't want to rely on cans only. I wan't to make sure I get enough essential fatty acids.

Interesting discussion on the need of calorie counting if someone wants to lose weight.
Since going paleo I stopped counting anything other than paying attention to carbs. I found that I let myself eat too much of the good. I love cream too much, and I think I really eat too much of protein and fat sometimes. I am not in paleo to loose weight, I want to be healthy and strong. BUT I do want to look good naked. I always loved athletic bodies, I find female athletes much more sexy than some skinny celebrities. Give me strong arms and a six pack and I am drooling all right ;-) So yeah, I would like to lose a bit of the fat around my waist, esp. that it's the risky fat as it's often a sing of fattening of inner organs. I am exercising and do strength training, and I feel that I do have muscles.. but I would like them to be properly seen :) So I want to uncover them from the cushion of fat. I won't suddenly change much, but I will cut on fat a bit and stop overeating. I am interested in doing PSMF just to start the system. And I still want to make my muscles stronger and bigger (esp. arms). We will see.

Here is one of many articles criticizing the China Study and why it is not scientifically sound. This one comes from dr. Mercola.

No comments:

Post a Comment