Saturday, October 2, 2010

Delicious hot cocoa/protein shake

I just made myself a delicious protein shake. I was getting tired of the taste ("gourmet vanilla"), I don't like very sweet things. I was generally diluting it with much more water than asked for, but my body started to rebel.
So just now I decided to add some cocoa and cinnamon.  It was very hard to mix it, so I warmed it up in the microwave a bit. To make it just perfect I added about one tablespoon of heavy cream. It's delicious!

I am planning on doing a few push ups just to remind my body I need all the protein I eat, so it will (hopefully) keep burning body fat. I am cooking now some chicken quarters (without skin) for the next few days. I can't switch to white meat, never liked it. It's just too dry! I was a passionate chicken leg eater since my early toddlerhood, so it should stay that way. I think it's very low on fat anyway (I can't believe I am actually saying this!).

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever mixed a shake of coconut milk, some water, fresh, raw eggs and (frozen), raspberries, blueberries or strawberries? The taste is delicious, gives you quick energy, and is ready within minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like this kind of shakes sometimes, but now I am on very low carb and the special protein sparing modified fast, so no fruits for me!

    ReplyDelete