Thursday, September 30, 2010

struggles

Yesterday I went for a holiday dinner. There was a number of people present, some of them I didn't know. And because I felt it would look bad to not eat at all, I decided it would be my "refeed" day. I have to have them anyway once in a while. Well, I ate too much. And the wrong stuff - rice, for example. I did resist the deliciously smelling challah and didn't eat the lentil soup. But I ate definitely too much. And as much as I am glad I didn't touch the brownies (gluten-free, but with peanuts and sugar), I took a few pieces of fruit. And either the slices of apples, peaches or orange-spice tea caused my stomach to hurt suddenly, the way it hurts after almonds. I read it as allergy reaction. I had sometimes light allergy reactions to apples and once to a fruit-herbal tea.

Anyway, with all of that I felt miserable yesterday night. I feel better today, and will be back on the PSMF track. I just hope that it didn't erase the efforts of three previous days!

I was talking a couple of days ago with a friend who said that a common friend of ours was diagnosed with fibromyalgia recently. She is also depressed and have issues with anxiety. I told her how great I feel after switching to paleo, how my fibromyalgia's symptoms become very mild and some completely disappeared. She will put her in touch with me. I hope I will be able to convince her to give paleo a try. The other friend was also interested, she struggled with weight for a long time, lost quite a lot of weight watchers, but can't move on beyond what she is now despite all the effort and serious exercises. Maybe I will be able to get her out from the low-fat low-calories no-way-out rout.

No comments:

Post a Comment